So I am in FULL vacation mode! I mean, I already can taste the fruity drink and I am not even joking, I can smell the sunscreen. I can’t wait for vacation! No matter if you are going on an inventive trip, you are heading away for spring break, summer holiday or wherever, your business is still OPEN. Let’s face it, we live in a society of Amazon’s and Nordstrom’s where they really are open all the time; where people can order, get questions answered and have access to products 24 hours a day. You don’t have to be open all the time but there is no reason it can’t seem that way!
I love disconnecting and heading out for a week of fun but I also like to make sure that my momentum in my business hasn’t flatlined by the time I get home, that my team still has motivation and that my business is still kickin’! Everyone says consistency is so important in your business, so what on earth do you do when you leave the country, have limited access to wifi and want to get away!? Here are my top 5 things to do before you leave so that your business is ready for you when you return, your pipeline is staying full and you can still be in travel, party, relax, vaca mode while you are gone!
- Schedule as much as you can prior to leaving. Automate your business. (I do this monthly anyways) Schedule daily posts for your team, income producing activities, tips, tricks and other things to keep people engaged. You can also do this for your business page and your VIPS/customers too. There are lots of automation systems you can use: Tiny Torch, Cinchshare, post my party, Postcron, Hootsuite and a couple others. I personally love Cinchshare, it does cost 9.99 a month but it is totally WORTH IT!
- For things like my business page and Instagram I will post things from the trip (if it is for work or an incentive trip) because I want to peek people’s interests and get them dreaming about being on the next one with me. I will start posting the week (THIS WEEK) before I leave on every social channel about my excitement for leaving, how I earned the trip and to stay tuned to look up hashtags or accounts for up to date pictures of our adventures!
- Create contests, giveaways for your team and customers while you are gone! That way they are pushing, staying engaged, and being competitive while you are gone. Then you can just have to worry about doing the drawings or giveaway when you get home!
- Get your TODO list checked off and move the things that aren’t time sensitive until you get back, get your mailings out and get your Calendar FULL so when you return you don’t have lull in your business!
- Ensure you’re wearing your product when you are traveling and that you are representing. Make up samples, make sure you pack business cards and get ready to talk about your business in a new area of the country or the world. People will always ask you what you are traveling for and where you are going. Make sure you are ready to tell them how awesome you are or that your company made it possible to get away. Traveling really is an amazing time to share your business.
I promise it will be worth the push TODAY!