You all know I love some good tips and tricks and love to provide you with some good things to think about!
So we have chatted (well really I have chatted with you) about starting a new company and getting into Direct Sales, MLM, or network marketing and also what it looks like if you are tenured and you switch companies but what about if you are in LOVE with the company you are with and they are just coming out with a brand new product line OR they are coming out with a new product category?
What does that marketing look like? Is it the same strategy as you have been using to currently market your products? How can you get current clients and customers excited and what are the best ways to create excitement and intrigue if you have never tried the products!?
Chances are you probably already have somewhat of an established business. If not, maybe you want to refer to my other articles so that you can get your business ramped up. You better be ready. If your company is expanding product lines or even product categories you better be ready for a BOOM if you take the right actions!
New products and new product categories breathe life into your business even if you are newer. There becomes an energy and excitement that you want to grab on to! You want to make sure your belief in your journey and where you are at is solid and you want to make sure that you have so much built in belief in the company and the new product/category so that you can run and run fast!
You will want to start building your belief by:
- Understand the product
- Understand how others will and are using the product or a product that’s already available on the market
- Who will your new market be or is this something that your old target market will love
- Are you going to be the first to buy the products (leaders go first always) YOU HAVE to know how you like it and how it works to be able to share and sell to those clients and customers?
- Have you been wanting to get on a new social platform, this might be a great time to brand yourself or re brand yourself or even start building a following in a new platform.
- Borrow the belief of others but do your own research
- How will this product work or fit into your life
- Are there other similar products/categories out there
- If so how is yours different
- What are the features and benefits and why would someone want yours
- What is it made of and how is it made? Do you apply or use it if so how will it work the best?
- What is your marketing strategy? (if you say I don’t know I suggest you spend time here)
- How can you create intrigue and excitement about the product with out telling and spamming the world with the products?
- What is the solution your product provides and what is the original problem?
- What platforms will you be marketing on?
- Will you create content that can be used and reused in your strategy? If so what does that look like?
- How can you ensure you are still focusing on one line or category and still showcasing or creating excitement about the new one?
Chances are everyone in your company is going to be fired up about what ever is new. So how can you really capitalize on continuing to grow the older line while setting yourself apart from everyone else? This is really going to be the kicker. Your customers most likely may not be friends with more than a couple people from your company. HOWEVER, if they are….. what is going to make them continue to want to buy from you rather than the other people they follow on social media. Will it be your brand, will it be the story you sell about your product, will it be the solutions you provide, will it be the creative way that you offer it and build excitement???
This is going to look so different for everyone but here is the BEST thing about a new product or new category. You can treat this like something brand new. It will allow you to go back to previous customers/clients that maybe haven’t ordered in some time or even open up conversations with people that were never open to trying your original product line in the first place. You will most likely have some cross over especially because most people buy because of the people not because of the company or products and they will want to support you.
You have a great opportunity with this happens. Use the energy and momentum and come up with a plan of attack. Try something new and fail forward. If it doesn’t work out like you want but your action is there. Change it up, try something different and keep pushing until you get the results and goals that you have set out to achieve!